amazonia legal abril 20111 - Forest Transparency for the Legal Amazon (April 2011)See here the data about the deforestation and forest degradation in the Brazilian Amazon for April 2011.
Hayashi, S., Souza Jr, C., Sales, M. & Veríssimo, A. 2011

The deforestation accumulated in the period of August 2010 and April 2011, corresponding to the nine first months of the official calendar of Deforestation measuring, has reached 1270 square kilometers. There was 19% increase regarding the same previous period (August 2009 to April 2010) when the deforestation totaled 1.065 square kilometers.
In April 2011, SAD detected 298 square kilometers of deforestation in Legal Amazon. It represented a 362% increase regarding April 2010 when the deforestation totaled 65 square kilometers. The great majority (81%) occurred in Mato Grosso as it already had been reported at the SAD Warning. The rest occurred in Pará (7%), Rondônia (7%) and Amazonas (5%).
The degraded forests totaled 1.776 square kilometers in April 2011. The great majority (81%) of this degradation occurred in Mato Grosso followed by far by Rondônia (18%) and the rest in Pará and Amazonas.
The forest degradation accumulated in the period of August 2010 to April 2011 totaled 5.832 square kilometers. Regarding the previous period (August 2009 to April 2010) when the forest degradation totaled 1.263 square kilometers, there was an expressive increase (361%).
In April 2011, the deforestation detected by SAD compromised 3.6 million tons of equivalent CO2 which represents an increase of 203% regarding April 2010. In the accumulated period (August 2010 to April 2011) the deforestation compromised 73.6 million tons of equivalent CO2 and represented an increase of 5.7% regarding the previous period (August 2009 to April 2010).
It was possible to monitor with SAD only 31% of the forest area in Legal Amazon in April 2011. The other 69% were covered by clouds which complicated the monitoring in the region e in the region especially in Pará, Amazonas and Amapá.
Download the file here

Leia também:

After you have typed in some text, hit ENTER to start searching...